Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tonalita

I'm in love with a new yarn (or is it in lust?)

I've been working on an assignment for StellaPop over the last couple of days: hats using Tonalita from Trendsetter Yarns. It is an absolutely gorgeous yarn, both in texture and color: The color changes are very subtle, but as the hat is worked, stripes emerge.

The content is 52% Wool, 48% Acrylic, 50 grams/skein - +/- 100 yards/skein
gauge: 4.5sts = 1" #9 (I'm using a 10.5 needle and getting 3.5 sts to the inch). The yarn is brushed with a mohair feel without the mohair snagging or shedding that seems to happen so often; the resulting fabric is soft, light, warm, and non-itchy.

That's another advantage to doing the production knitting for StellaPop: I get to play with yarns that either I ordinarily wouldn't choose (and find myself liking) or yarns that are a little too pricey for me.

No comments: