...knitting from the top down.
The latest reason is that it was so easy to modify this sweater that I made back in June:
I was happy with the original, but a couple of weeks ago, when I wore it, I realized that a couple of things bothered me: the length of the sleeves and the buttons.
Because it was worked from the top down, it was simple to unravel the sleeves back to the start of the ribbing, make the sleeves longer and a little more tapered, and then finish up with ribbing. I could keep trying on the sweater until the sleeves were exactly the right length.
Then I realized that I wanted a collar, picked up the stitches around the edge of the neck, and got that just right.
The hardest part was the buttons: while I liked the original buttons, I felt they were a little too dressy/sparkly for the tweed. After going through my button stash several times, I finally came up with the right buttons.
Now I really love my sweater.