Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Fine Finish


Head to Toe Knits is now officially available from lulu.com.. Finally. A year and a half of thinking, designing, knitting, editing, false starts and fine finishes. I'm proud of what I've achieved. I have achieved book.

I've learned a tremendous amount, and, if I tackle a second book, I know the process will be smoother and the end result will be even better.

Over the last few weeks, I've been exploring ravelry more. I am amazed at the talent, creativity and productivity of the world's knitters as exhibited on ravelry; much of the time, after spending maybe ten minutes poking around, I leave, feeling humbled and awed by what I've seen. I alternate between feeling that my own creativity is being sparked and feeling that there's nothing left to design (especially by me). But that's my own doubts speaking, because I know there are still endless variations of baby sweaters and hats out there, just waiting to be thought of and knitted, not just by others but by me, too.

No comments: