Sunday, February 10, 2008

What a Weekend

This has been a busy week and a very busy weekend. Friday was my birthday, and aside from going to the dentist and meeting the lawyer to sign our wills, it was a great day.

Dinner was at Yakitori Boy again, and again was very good. They now have a liquor license and serve a nice Chardonnay. Very nice indeed.

And since my birthday is all about me, I have no hesitation in telling birthday gifts: a ton of sock yarn, a beautiful way to carry socks-in-progress from knitzi, wooden sock blockers, Knitting America, More Sensational Knitted Socks, a book about Betty Crocker, and a beautiful teapot. As material things go, I was made very happy.

Yesterday, I finished my hat submissions and sent them off; I'm not sure when I'll hear if any have been accepted. Today I put together my submission for knitty; I'm going to hold on for a few days and make sure that it's all what I want and need it to be.

And today, the last issue of For the Love of Yarn is online. My Little Red pattern has finally found a home. I'm sorry to see this webzine go away; the editor has been wonderful to work with and receptive to my designs. Her life has gotten very busy with family, and I understand, but I'm going to miss it.

So with all of that behind me, I'm going to finally get the model knitted up for WEBS and sent out to them.

No comments: